En-rimmon (ĕn-rĭmˈən) [key], in the Bible, place, reoccupied after the Exile. The same is meant by "Ain and Rimmon" and "Ain, Remmon" in the Book of Joshua; by "Ain, Rimmon" in First Chronicles; and by "Rimmon" in Zechariah. It was near the border of Simeon.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on En-rimmon from Infoplease:
- Remmon - Remmon Remmon : see En-rimmon.
- Ain, in the Bible - Ain Ain , in the Bible. 1. Town, N ancient Palestine. 2. See En-rimmon.
- Rimmon - Rimmon Rimmon , in the Bible. 1. Syrian god. 2. Father of the murderers of Ish-bosheth. 3. Rock, E ...
- Nehemiah: 11 - And the rulers of the people dwelt at Jerusalem…
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names.