City of David
City of David, in the Bible, epithet of Bethlehem, the birthplace of David, and of Jerusalem, his capital.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on City of David from Infoplease:
- City of David: meaning and definitions - City of David: Definition and Pronunciation
- City of David - City of David (The). Jerusalem. So called in compliment to King David. (2 Sam. v. 7, 9.) Source: ...
- Cities in Black History - Important cities in African American history
- Zion, in the Bible - Zion Zion or Sion, section of Jerusalem, defined in the Bible as the City of David. Originally the ...
- Lake Tanganyika - Tanganyika, Lake Tanganyika, Lake, second largest lake of Africa, c.12,700 sq mi (32,890 sq km), E ...