chain gang: see convict labor.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on chain gang from Infoplease:
- convict labor - convict labor convict labor, work of prison inmates. Until the 19th cent., labor was introduced in ...
- chain gang: meaning and definitions - chain gang: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/chain gang - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- I Am a Fugitive From Chain Gang - Starring Paul Muni, Glenda Farrell, Helen Vinson, Noel Francis, Preston Foster
- Leadbelly - Leadbelly Leadbelly, nickname of Huddie William Ledbetter,1885–1949, American singer, b. ...