Assos (ăsˈŏs) [key] or Assus –əs, ancient city, Mysia, NW Asia Minor, on the Gulf of Adramyttium E of Point Lectum, westernmost point of Asia.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Assos from Infoplease:
- Assus - Assus Assus, variant of Assos.
- Acts: 20 - And after the uproar was ceased, Paul called unto…
- Sarcophagus - Sarcophagus A stone, according to Pliny, which consumed the flesh, and was therefore chosen by the ...
- Ace - Ace (1 syl.). The unit of cards or dice, from as>, the Latin unit of weight. (Italian, asso; ...
- Encyclopedia: Biblical Proper Names - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Biblical Proper Names.