Assamese (ăsˌəmēzˈ) [key], language belonging to the Indic group of the Indo-Iranian subfamily of the Indo-European family of languages. See Indo-Iranian languages.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Assamese from Infoplease:
- Assamese: meaning and definitions - Assamese: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/assamese - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Assam - Assam Assam , state (2001 provisional pop. 26,638,407), c.30,000 sq mi (77,700 sq km), extreme NE ...
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index asfetida Asgard asgd. Ásgeirsson asgmt. ash Asha Ashab ashake ashamed ...
- Words of Two Letters - Words of Two Letters Try the Find a Word: Crossword Search Ambary, DA And (French, Latin), ET ...