Asmodeus (ăsˌmōdēˈəs) [key], demon of Hebrew story. He plays an important role in the Book of Tobit.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Asmodeus from Infoplease:
- Asmodeus: meaning and definitions - Asmodeus: Definition and Pronunciation
- Asmodeus - Asmodeus [the destroyer]. The demon of vanity and dress, called in the Talmud “the king of ...
- Ashmodai - Ashmodai Ashmodai , demon, probably Asmodeus.
- Raphael - Raphael Raphael , archangel. He is prominent in the book of Tobit, as the companion of Tobias, as ...
- demon - demon demon, supernatural being, generally malevolent in character. In general, the more civilized ...