Anubis (ənōˈbĭs) [key], Egyptian god of the dead. He presided over the embalming of the dead and is represented as a dog-headed or jackal-headed man.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Anubis from Infoplease:
- Anubis: meaning and definitions - Anubis: Definition and Pronunciation
- Anubis - Anubis In Egyptian mythology, similar to the Hermës of Greece, whose office it was to take the ...
- Egyptian Mythology Glossary - Find brief descriptions of the characters from the stories and legends of Egyptian mythology.
- Yu-Gi-Oh! The Movie - Starring Amy Birnbaum, Wayne Grayson, Dan Green, Eric Stuart, Scottie Ray
- polytheism - polytheism polytheism , belief in a plurality of gods in which each deity is distinguished by ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Ancient Religion