wind turbine: see under windmill.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on wind turbine from Infoplease:
- wind turbine: meaning and definitions - wind turbine: Definition and Pronunciation
- windmill - windmill windmill, apparatus that harnesses wind power for a variety of uses, e.g., pumping water, ...
- GENERATORS - Generators convert energy from such sources as oil, gas, and wind into electrical energy. Like motors, they use the link between electricity and magne
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index WH-question whr. whse. whsle. whs. stk. whump whup WH-word why Whyalla whydah ...
- World Trade Center History - A guide to the World Trade Center