wake-robin, name for several plants, particularly trillium.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on wake-robin from Infoplease:
- trillium - trillium trillium or wake-robin, any plant of the large genus Trillium, attractive spring ...
- wake-robin: meaning and definitions - wake-robin: Definition and Pronunciation
- prairie wake-robin: meaning and definitions - prairie wake-robin: Definition and Pronunciation
- John Burroughs - Burroughs, John Burroughs, John, 1837–1921, American naturalist and author, b. Roxbury, N.Y.; ...
- brigandage - brigandage brigandage [Ital. brigare=to fight], robbery and plundering committed by armed bands, ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Plants