Virgin, The, English name for Virgo, a constellation.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Virgin from Infoplease:
- virginal: meaning and definitions - virginal: Definition and Pronunciation
- Virgo - Virgo Virgo [Lat.,=the virgin], constellation lying on the ecliptic (the sun's apparent path ...
- spinet - spinet spinet, musical instrument of the harpsichord family. Although the terms virginal and ...
- Organic Act Day: Virgin Islands - Organic Act Day in Vermont commemorates the organization of government there.|Celebrating a new constitution
- Liberty Day: U.S. Virgin Islands - Celebrating the life and work of David Hamilton Jackson.|Celebrating the life and work of David Hamilton Jackson
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Constellations