umbra: see eclipse; sunspots.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on umbra from Infoplease:
- sunspots - sunspots sunspots, dark, usually irregularly shaped spots on the sun's surface that are ...
- eclipse - eclipse eclipse [Gr.,=failing], in astronomy, partial or total obscuring of one celestial body by ...
- umbra: meaning and definitions - umbra: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/umbra - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Umbra - Umbra Obsequious Umbra, in Garth's Dispensary, is Dr. Gould. Source: Dictionary of Phrase and ...