umber: see ocher.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on umber from Infoplease:
- umber: meaning and definitions - umber: Definition and Pronunciation
- ocher - ocher ocher , mixture of varying proportions of iron oxide and clay, used as a pigment. It occurs ...
- Umber - Umber The paint so called was first made in Umbria, Italy. Source: Dictionary of Phrase and Fable, ...
- A Good Woman - Starring Helen Hunt, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Wilkinson, Stephen Campbell Moore, Mark Umbers
- pigment - pigment pigment, substance that imparts color to other materials. In paint, the pigment is a ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Organic Chemistry