See S. V. Toulmin and J. Goodfield, Discovery of Time (1965); S. Hawking, A Brief History of Time: From the Big Bang to Black Holes (1988).
Sections in this article:
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on time Bibliography from Infoplease:
- time, sequential arrangement of all events - time time, sequential arrangement of all events, or the interval between two events in such a ...
- Mesopotamia - Mesopotamia Mesopotamia [Gr.,=between rivers], ancient region of Asia, the territory about the ...
- May 13 Birthdays: Joe Louis - May 13 birthdays: Joe Louis, Stevie Wonder, Sir Arthur Sullivan , Maria Theresa, Georges Braque, Henry William Stiegel, Harvey Keitel
- April 26 Birthdays: John James Audubon - April 26 birthdays: John James Audubon, Channing Tatum, Eugène Delacroix, Ma Rainey, Carol Burnett, I. M. Pei, Frederick Law Olmsted
- April 20 Birthdays: Adolf Hitler - April 20 birthdays: Adolf Hitler, Lionel Hampton, Tito Puente, Jessica Lange, Joan Miró, Daniel Chester French
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Physics