tickseed, name sometimes used for the bur marigold, coreopsis, tick trefoil or beggarweed, and other bur-producing weeds.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on tickseed from Infoplease:
- coreopsis - coreopsis coreopsis , or tickseed,names for species of Coreopsis, a chiefly North American genus of ...
- tickseed: meaning and definitions - tickseed: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/tickseed - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- trefoil - trefoil trefoil [O.Fr.,=three-leaf], in botany, name for several plants, chiefly of the pulse ...
- bur marigold - bur marigold bur marigold or sticktight,common name for any species of Bidens, a genus of chiefly ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Plants