still, term applied to the apparatus used in distillation, referring either to the flask in which a liquid to be distilled is evaporated, or to other pieces of equipment, or to the entire apparatus.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on still from Infoplease:
- still: meaning and definitions - still: Definition and Pronunciation
- William Grant Still - Still, William Grant Still, William Grant, 1895–1978, American composer, b. Woodville, Miss. ...
- Andrew Taylor Still - Still, Andrew Taylor Still, Andrew Taylor, 1828–1917, founder of osteopathy, b. Jonesboro, ...
- stock-still: meaning and definitions - stock-still: Definition and Pronunciation
- pot still: meaning and definitions - pot still: Definition and Pronunciation