space travel: see space exploration; space science.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on space travel from Infoplease:
- space science - space science space science, body of scientific knowledge as it relates to space exploration; it is ...
- space travel: meaning and definitions - space travel: Definition and Pronunciation
- SPACE TRAVEL - People began traveling in space in 1961 in tiny spacecraft called capsules, which were launched from Earth by powerful rockets. Russian crews still tr
- SPACE TRAVEL - Less than four years after the launch of the first satellite into space, Sputnik 1 in October 1957, human space travel began. Since then, American ast
- space science: meaning and definitions - space science: Definition and Pronunciation
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Space Exploration