Sinope (sĭnōˈpē) [key], in astronomy, one of the 39 known moons, or natural satellites, of Jupiter.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Sinope from Infoplease:
- Sinop - Sinop Sinop , anc. Sinope, town (1990 pop. 25,537), capital of Sinop prov., N Turkey, on the Black ...
- Sinope: meaning and definitions - Sinope: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/sinope - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Diphilus - Diphilus Diphilus , fl. 300 B.C., Greek dramatist of the New Comedy, b. Sinope. His many dramas ...
- Paphlagonia - Paphlagonia Paphlagonia , ancient country of N Asia Minor, between Bithynia and Pontus on the Black ...