shore: see coast; beach.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on shore from Infoplease:
- shore: meaning and definitions - shore: Definition and Pronunciation
- shoring - shoring shoring, placing of props or braces, called shores, against or beneath a structure for ...
- coast - coast coast, land bordering an ocean or other large body of water. The line of contact between the ...
- beach - beach beach, a gently sloping zone where deposits of unconsolidated sediments are subject to wave ...
- lee shore: meaning and definitions - lee shore: Definition and Pronunciation