scrub typhus: see rickettsia; typhus.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on scrub typhus from Infoplease:
- typhus - typhus typhus, any of a group of infectious diseases caused by microorganisms classified between ...
- scrub typhus: meaning and definitions - scrub typhus: Definition and Pronunciation
- rickettsia - rickettsia rickettsia , any of a group of very small microorganisms, many disease-causing, that ...
- chigger: meaning and definitions - chigger: Definition and Pronunciation
- chigger - chigger chigger, minute, six-legged, reddish larva of the harvest mite, one of various red bugs ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Pathology