satin spar: see calcite; gypsum.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on satin spar from Infoplease:
- gypsum - gypsum gypsum , mineral composed of calcium sulfate (calcium, sulfur, and oxygen) with two ...
- calcite - calcite calcite , very widely distributed mineral, commonly white or colorless, but appearing in a ...
- satin spar: meaning and definitions - satin spar: Definition and Pronunciation
- spar - spar. spar. For dogtooth spar, see calcite; for fluorspar, see fluorite; for heavy spar, see ...
- Encyclopedia: Mineralogy and Crystallography - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Mineralogy and Crystallography.