rubber plant, name for any plant that yields rubber, specifically the India-rubber tree ( Ficus elastica ), an Asian fig.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on rubber plant from Infoplease:
- rubber plant: meaning and definitions - rubber plant: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/rubber plant - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- mulberry family: meaning and definitions - mulberry family: Definition and Pronunciation
- Medicine Hat - Medicine Hat Medicine Hat, city (1991 pop. 43,625), SE Alta., Canada, on the South Saskatchewan ...
- Gadsden - Gadsden Gadsden , city (1990 pop. 42,523), seat of Etowah co., NE Ala., on the Coosa River; settled ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Plants