poison glands: see venom.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on poison glands from Infoplease:
- venom - venom venom or zootoxin,any of a variety of poisonous substances produced by animals. In poisonous ...
- monotreme - monotreme monotreme , name for members of the primitive mammalian order Monotremata, found in ...
- catfish - catfish catfish, common name applied to members of the freshwater fish families constituting the ...
- sting - sting sting, in zoology, organ found in bees, many wasps, some ants, and in scorpions and sting ...
- Encyclopedia: Zoology: General - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Zoology: General.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Zoology: General