PKU: see phenylketonuria.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on PKU from Infoplease:
- PKU: meaning and definitions - PKU: Definition and Pronunciation
- enzyme: Enzyme Deficiency - Enzyme Deficiency A variety of metabolic diseases are now known to be caused by deficiencies or ...
- phenylketonuria - phenylketonuria phenylketonuria (PKU), inherited metabolic disorder caused by a deficiency in a ...
- tyrosine - tyrosine tyrosine , organic compound, one of the 20 amino acids commonly found in animal proteins. ...
- phenylalanine - phenylalanine phenylalanine , organic compound, one of the 22 α-amino acids commonly found in ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Pathology