persistent vegetative state
persistent vegetative state: see under coma, in medicine.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on persistent vegetative state from Infoplease:
- artificial life support - artificial life support artificial life support, systems that use medical technology to aid, ...
- Nancy Cruzan - Biography of Nancy Cruzan, The subject of Cruzan v. Missouri
- Karen Ann Quinlan - Biography of Karen Ann Quinlan, Controversial coma patient of the 1970s
- coma, in medicine - coma coma, in medicine, deep state of unconsciousness from which a person cannot be aroused even by ...
- Terri Schiavo - Biography of Terri Schiavo, The brain-damaged woman at the center of the Schiavo legal case
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Pathology