Perseids (pûrˈsēĭdzˌ) [key]: see meteor shower.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Perseids from Infoplease:
- The Perseids - A meteor shower is an increase in the number of meteors observed in a particular part of the sky. Meteor showers usually occur annually and with varying intensity.
- Perseid: meaning and definitions - Perseid: Definition and Pronunciation
- meteor shower - meteor shower meteor shower, increase in the number of meteors observed in a particular part of the ...
- id: meaning and definitions - id: Definition and Pronunciation
- Perseus, in astronomy - Perseus Perseus, in astronomy, northern constellation lying E of Cassiopeia and N of Taurus. It ...