oil of vitriol
oil of vitriol: see sulfuric acid.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on oil of vitriol from Infoplease:
- sulfuric acid: meaning and definitions - sulfuric acid: Definition and Pronunciation
- sulfuric acid - sulfuric acid sulfuric acid, chemical compound, H2SO4, colorless, odorless, extremely corrosive, ...
- vitriol: meaning and definitions - vitriol: Definition and Pronunciation
- iron: Compounds - Compounds Iron forms such compounds as oxides, hydroxides, halides, acetates, carbonates, sulfides, ...
- cupric sulfate - cupric sulfate cupric sulfate or copper (II) sulfate,chemical compound, CuSO4, taking the form of ...