Nereid (nĭrˈēəd) [key], in astronomy, one of the eight known moons, or natural satellites, of Neptune.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Nereid from Infoplease:
- Nereid - Nereid Nereid was discovered in 1949 through Earth-based telescopes. Little is known about Nereid, ...
- nereids - nereids: nereids: see nymph.
- nymph, in Greek mythology - nymph nymph , in Greek mythology, female divinity associated with various natural objects. It is ...
- nereid: meaning and definitions - nereid: Definition and Pronunciation
- Nereids - Nereids (2 syl.). Sea-nymphs, daughter of Nereus (2 syl.), fifty in number. Nereids or Nereides (4 ...