myrobalan, name for the cherry plum and also for several Asian almond trees.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on myrobalan from Infoplease:
- plum, in botany - plum plum, common name for a tree of any of many species of the genus Prunus of the family Rosaceae ...
- myrobalan: meaning and definitions - myrobalan: Definition and Pronunciation
- cherry plum: meaning and definitions - cherry plum: Definition and Pronunciation
- cherry - cherry cherry, name for several species of trees or shrubs of the genus Prunus (a few are sometimes ...
- almond - almond almond, name for a small tree (Prunus amygdalus) of the family Rosaceae (rose family) and ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Plants