materia medica: see pharmacology.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on materia medica from Infoplease:
- pharmacology - pharmacology pharmacology, study of the changes produced in living animals by chemical substances, ...
- materia medica: meaning and definitions - materia medica: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/materia medica - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Pedanius Dioscorides - Dioscorides, Pedanius Dioscorides, Pedanius , fl. 1st cent. A.D., Greek physician of Anazarbus, ...
- Benjamin Smith Barton - Barton, Benjamin Smith Barton, Benjamin Smith, 1766–1815, American physician and botanist, b. ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Pharmacology