materia medica: see pharmacology.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on materia medica from Infoplease:
- pharmacology - pharmacology pharmacology, study of the changes produced in living animals by chemical substances, ...
- materia medica: meaning and definitions - materia medica: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pedanius Dioscorides - Dioscorides, Pedanius Dioscorides, Pedanius , fl. 1st cent. A.D., Greek physician of Anazarbus, ...
- Benjamin Smith Barton - Barton, Benjamin Smith Barton, Benjamin Smith, 1766–1815, American physician and botanist, b. ...
- Samuel Latham MITCHILL - Samuel Latham MITCHILL (1764-1831) Senate Years of Service: 1804-1809 Party: Democratic Republican ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Pharmacology