macadam road (məkădˈəm) [key]: see pavement.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on macadam road from Infoplease:
- pavement - pavement pavement, the wearing surface of a road, street, or sidewalk. Parts of Babylon and Troy ...
- macadam: meaning and definitions - macadam: Definition and Pronunciation
- binder: meaning and definitions - binder: Definition and Pronunciation
- gravel - gravel gravel, particles of rock, i.e., stones and pebbles, usually round in form and intermediate ...
- road - road road, strip of land used for transportation. The history of roads has been related to the ...