looper, name for caterpillars that move with a looping motion, including the inchworm and the cabbage looper.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on looper from Infoplease:
- cabbage looper - cabbage looper cabbage looper, moth larva, Trichoplusia ni, that feeds by night on the leaves of ...
- inchworm - inchworm inchworm, name for the larvae of moths of the family Geometridae, a large, cosmopolitan ...
- hemlock looper: meaning and definitions - hemlock looper: Definition and Pronunciation
- cabbage looper: meaning and definitions - cabbage looper: Definition and Pronunciation
- Looper - Starring Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Emily Blunt, Bruce Willis, Piper Perabo, Jeff Daniels