Lion, The, English name for Leo, a constellation.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Lion from Infoplease:
- lion: meaning and definitions - lion: Definition and Pronunciation
- lion - lion lion, large carnivore of the cat family, Panthera leo, found in open country in Africa, with a ...
- Leo, in astronomy - Leo Leo [Lat.,=the lion], northern constellation lying S of Ursa Major and on the ecliptic ...
- Lions International - Lions International Lions International, organization of business and professional people, founded ...
- Gulf of Lion - Lion, Gulf of Lion, Gulf of, Fr. Golfe du Lion, arm of the Mediterranean Sea, S France, extending ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Constellations