laughing gas: see nitrous oxide.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on laughing gas from Infoplease:
- nitrous oxide: meaning and definitions - nitrous oxide: Definition and Pronunciation
- nitrous oxide - nitrous oxide nitrous oxide or nitrogen (I) oxide,chemical compound, N2O, a colorless gas with a ...
- William Thomas Green Morton - Morton, William Thomas Green Morton, William Thomas Green, 1819–68, American dentist and ...
- Sir Humphry Davy - Davy, Sir Humphry Davy, Sir Humphry, 1778–1829, English chemist and physicist. The son of a ...
- Sir Humphry Davy - Biography of Sir Humphry Davy, The chemist known as the father of electrolysis