isobutane (Īˌsəbyōˈtān) [key]: see butane.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on isobutane from Infoplease:
- butane - butane butane , C4H10, gaseous alkane, a hydrocarbon that is obtained from natural gas or by ...
- isobutane: meaning and definitions - isobutane: Definition and Pronunciation
- 2-methyl propane - propane, 2-methyl propane, 2-methyl, IUPAC name for isobutane (see butane).
- isomer: Structural Isomers - Structural Isomers Structural isomers are subdivided as chain, position, and functional group. ...
- alkane - alkane alkane , any of a group of aliphatic hydrocarbons whose molecules contain only single bonds ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Organic Chemistry