gillyflower: see pink; stock; wallflower.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on gillyflower from Infoplease:
- wallflower - wallflower wallflower, Mediterranean perennial (Cheiranthus cheiri) of the family Cruciferae ...
- stock, in botany - stock stock, in botany, common name for any species of the genus Matthiola, for Malcomia maritima ...
- gillyflower: meaning and definitions - gillyflower: Definition and Pronunciation
- pink - pink pink, common name for some members of the Caryophyllaceae, a family of small herbs found ...
- Gillyflower - Gillyflower (g soft) is not the Julyflower, but the French giroflée, from girofle (a clove), ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Plants