Fraunhofer lines (frounˈhôfər) [key]: see sun.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Fraunhofer lines from Infoplease:
- Fraunhofer lines: meaning and definitions - Fraunhofer lines: Definition and Pronunciation
- sun, in astronomy - sun sun, intensely hot, self-luminous body of gases at the center of the solar system. Its ...
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/fraunhofer lines - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Gustav Robert Kirchhoff - Kirchhoff, Gustav Robert Kirchhoff, Gustav Robert , 1824–87, German physicist. He served as ...
- William Hyde Wollaston - Wollaston, William Hyde Wollaston, William Hyde, 1766–1828, English scientist, M.D. ...