Fishes, The, English name for Pisces, a constellation.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Fishes from Infoplease:
- fish: meaning and definitions - fish: Definition and Pronunciation
- Pisces - Pisces Pisces [Lat.,=the fishes], constellation lying directly S of Andromeda and on the ecliptic ...
- fishing - fishing fishing, act of catching fish for consumption or display. Fishing—usually by hand, ...
- Stuyvesant Fish - Fish, Stuyvesant Fish, Stuyvesant , 1851–1923, American railroad executive, b. New York City; ...
- Stanley Eugene Fish - Fish, Stanley Eugene Fish, Stanley Eugene, 1938–, American literary critic and educator, b. ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Constellations