dyer's-weed, name for any of several plants from which dyestuffs are obtained. They include a mignonette, a broom, and species of goldenrod.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on dyer's-weed from Infoplease:
- dyer's-weed: meaning and definitions - dyer's-weed: Definition and Pronunciation
- mignonette - mignonette mignonette , common name for some members of the Resedaceae, a small family of herbs and ...
- rocket, in botany - rocket rocket, in botany, popular name for several plants of the family Cruciferae (mustard ...
- goldenrod - goldenrod goldenrod, any species of the large genus Solidago of the family Asteraceae (aster ...
- Weld - Weld or Wold. The dyer's-weed (reseda luteola), which yields a beautiful yellow dye. ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Plants