Crab, The, English name for Cancer, a constellation.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Crab from Infoplease:
- crabbed: meaning and definitions - crabbed: Definition and Pronunciation
- Cancer, in astronomy - Cancer Cancer [Lat.,=the crab], in astronomy, constellation lying on the ecliptic (the sun's ...
- hermit crab - hermit crab hermit crab, a crustacean distinguished from true crabs by its long, soft, spirally ...
- blue crab - blue crab blue crab, common name for a crustacean, Callinectes sapidus, found on the S Atlantic and ...
- fiddler crab - fiddler crab fiddler crab, common name for small, amphibious crabs belonging to the genus Uca. They ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Constellations