composite, alternate common name for Asteraceae or Compositae, the aster family.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on composite from Infoplease:
- composite: meaning and definitions - composite: Definition and Pronunciation
- composition: meaning and definitions - composition: Definition and Pronunciation
- composition, in art - composition composition, in art, the organization of forms and colors within the work of art. In ...
- composition, in ancient and medieval law - composition composition, in ancient and medieval law, a sum of money paid by a guilty party as ...
- aster - aster aster [Gr.,=star], common name for the Asteraceae (Compositae), the aster family, in North ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Plants