catamount: see puma.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on catamount from Infoplease:
- catamount: meaning and definitions - catamount: Definition and Pronunciation
- Bennington - Bennington Bennington, town (1990 pop. 16,451), seat of Bennington co., SW Vt.; chartered 1749, ...
- puma - puma puma or cougar, New World member of the cat family, Felis concolor. Also known as mountain ...
- Encyclopedia: Vertebrate Zoology - Encyclopeadia articles concerning Vertebrate Zoology.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson: The Adirondacs - Wise and polite,—and if I drew Their several portraits, you would own Chaucer had no such worthy crew, Nor Boccace in Decameron. We crossed Champlain