cardiac failure: see congestive heart failure.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on cardiac failure from Infoplease:
- congestive heart failure - congestive heart failure congestive heart failure, inability of the heart to expel sufficient blood ...
- endocarditis - endocarditis endocarditis , bacterial or fungal infection of the endocardium (inner lining of the ...
- Repo Men - Starring Jude Law, Forest Whitaker, Alice Braga, Joe Pingue, Liev Schreiber
- scorpion - scorpion scorpion, any arachnid of the order Scorpionida with a hollow poisonous stinger at the tip ...
- edema - edema edema , abnormal accumulation of fluid in the body tissues or in the body cavities causing ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Pathology