bristlecone pine, common name for the pine species Pinus longaeva, found in the White Mountains of California. Specimens have been known to live some 5,000 years.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on bristlecone pine from Infoplease:
- bristlecone pine: meaning and definitions - bristlecone pine: Definition and Pronunciation
- longevity - longevity longevity , term denoting the length or duration of the life of an animal or plant, often ...
- Great Basin: Economy - Economy Although Nevada and Utah experienced significant growth in the 1970s and 80s, the Great ...
- Plant Hall of Fame - Plant Hall of Fame Biggest Flower Rafflesia arnoldii Each bloom can be as big as 3 feet wide and ...
- Nevada - Information on Nevada — economy, government, culture, state map and flag, major cities, points of interest, famous residents, state motto, symbols, nicknames, and other trivia.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Plants