attar of roses
attar of roses (ătˈər, ăˈtär) [key], or rose oil, fragrant essential oil obtained from roses and used in making perfume. It is one of the most valuable of the volatile oils. Rose water is water in which a small amount of the oil is dissolved.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on attar of roses from Infoplease:
- attar: meaning and definitions - attar: Definition and Pronunciation
- rose oil: meaning and definitions - rose oil: Definition and Pronunciation
- Isparta - Isparta Isparta , city (1990 pop. 111,706), capital of Isparta prov., W central Turkey. It is a ...
- Kazanluk - Kazanluk Kazanluk , town (1993 pop. 60,019), central Bulgaria, in the Kazanluk valley, a region ...
- essential oils - essential oils essential oils, volatile oils that occur in plants and in general give to the plants ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Organic Chemistry