artificial sweetener: see sweetener, artificial.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on artificial sweetener from Infoplease:
- artificial sweetener - sweetener, artificial sweetener, artificial, substance used as a low-calorie sugar substitute. ...
- Delaney Amendment: meaning and definitions - Delaney Amendment: Definition and Pronunciation
- cyclamate - cyclamate cyclamate , any member of a group of salts of cyclamic acid (cyclohexanesulfamic acid). ...
- saccharin - saccharin saccharin , C7H5NSO3, white, crystalline, aromatic compound. It was discovered ...
- chewing gum - chewing gum chewing gum, confection consisting usually of chicle, flavorings, and corn syrup and ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Organic Chemistry