antimetabolite: see metabolite.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on antimetabolite from Infoplease:
- antimetabolite: meaning and definitions - antimetabolite: Definition and Pronunciation
- metabolite - metabolite metabolite, organic compound that is a starting material in, an intermediate in, or an ...
- polycythemia - polycythemia polycythemia , condition characterized by an increase in the production of red blood ...
- uracil - uracil uracil , organic base of the pyrimidine family. It was isolated from herring sperm and also ...
- chemotherapy - chemotherapy chemotherapy , treatment of disease with chemicals or drugs. One chemotherapeutic ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biochemistry