adenosine diphosphate: see adenine; adenosine triphosphate.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on adenosine diphosphate from Infoplease:
- ADP: meaning and definitions - ADP: Definition and Pronunciation
- adenine - adenine adenine , organic base of the purine family. Adenine combines with the sugar ribose to form ...
- adenosine triphosphate - adenosine triphosphate adenosine triphosphate (ATP), organic compound composed of adenine, the ...
- uracil - uracil uracil , organic base of the pyrimidine family. It was isolated from herring sperm and also ...
- thymine - thymine thymine , organic base of the pyrimidine family. Thymine was the first pyrimidine to be ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biochemistry