active site: see enzyme.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on active site from Infoplease:
- enzyme - enzyme enzyme, biological catalyst. The term enzyme comes from zymosis, the Greek word for ...
- active site: meaning and definitions - active site: Definition and Pronunciation
- aspartic acid - aspartic acid aspartic acid , organic compound, one of the 20 amino acids commonly found in animal ...
- serine - serine serine , organic compound, one of the 20 amino acids commonly found in animal proteins. Only ...
- enzyme: Enzymatic Action - Enzymatic Action Like all catalysts, enzymes accelerate the rates of reactions while experiencing ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biochemistry