Aaron's-rod, popular name for several tall-flowering, infrequently branching plants, such as goldenrod and mullein. The name is an allusion to the rod that Aaron placed before the ark and that miraculously blossomed and bore almonds.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Aaron's-rod from Infoplease:
- Aaron's rod: meaning and definitions - Aaron's rod: Definition and Pronunciation
- Dictionary Index - Dictionary Index A, a aa AAA AAAA A.A.A.L. A.A.A.S. Aachen A.A.E. A.Ae.E. AAES AAF A.Agr. aah ...
- Aaron - Biography of Aaron, The brother of Moses who performed miracles with a rod
- almond - almond almond, name for a small tree (Prunus amygdalus) of the family Rosaceae (rose family) and ...
- D. H. Lawrence: Works - Works Lawrence believed that industrialized Western culture was dehumanizing because it emphasized ...
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Plants