Zohar (zōˈhär) [key], in the Bible. 1 Father of the owner of the cave of Machpelah. 2 Son of Simeon. An alternative form is Zerah. For the book of Zohar, see kabbalah.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
More on Zohar from Infoplease:
- Zohar: meaning and definitions - Zohar: Definition and Pronunciation
- Suggestions for spelling of encyclopedia/zohar - The Infoplease spelling checker combines spelling help with our dictionary and thesaurus
- Zohar - Zohar The name of a Jewish book containing cabalistic expositions of the “books of ...
- Zerah - Zerah Zerah , in the Bible. 1. Younger of the twin sons of Judah and his daughter-in-law Tamar. The ...
- Machpelah - Machpelah Machpelah , cave, near Hebron; also called the Cave of the Patriarchs. The Book of ...